Sunday, June 1, 2008

First thoughts

I was thinking about posting something along the lines of how I think group is great, very friendly, which will definitely help with class activities and discussions. Also Dr. Luongo seems extremely prepared and thorough. But I am a little worried I might have some difficulties on my own. Although I have been teaching for 12 years at the high school level, it is religion so it has been VERY flexible regarding our curriculum. I have only taught at this school so I do not know the ins and outs of many things public school teachers have to go through. I may have to pick everyone’s brain many times for help and advice. I pretty sure after the first class this should not be a problem for anyone.

3 comments:

Norine Switzer said...

Dear Steve,
I am proud of you for your graduate degree in Theology. Your knowledge of church history is a great interest to me. I was accepted into the seminary, but could not continue, due to the birth of my 4th child.
I agree this class will be intellectually and socially stimulating.

Dr. Luongo said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Steve!

Your insights will be a big part of this class... even though you are not familiar with a public school setting, your raw classroom experience will be a huge asset to the class discussions.

Thanks for posting!

Rosalind The Second said...

Steve,
Our class is a very naturing environment, so anytime you have questions ask. There are differences between catholic and public school, but a classroom is a classroom. We are here for you.
Rosalind